[Home] [Download] [Order] [Contact Us]
List of Frequently Asked Questions
1. "If I buy the software, how will I be informed of
the updates? (History and Patches)"
2. "When first running the software, the following message appears: <<38: SHARE.EXE non chargé/not loaded>> "
3. "When decompressing the downloaded files, the following message appears: <<Disk Violation>> "
4. "I cannot decompress" or "the installation asks for a diskette...":
5. "The program screens are too large for my display monitor and some buttons are off screen."
6. "May I install on another Drive than C: ?"
7. "Is the software with both Windows 3.XX and Windows 95?"
8. "I have some ideas concerning the program"
|1. "If I buy the program, how will I be informed of the updates? (History and Patches)":|
If you want, you'll receive EMails periodically. At any time,
you can download the
last version of the software, it will work
|2. "When first running the program, the following message appears: <<38: SHARE.EXE non chargé/not loaded>> ":|
With Windows 3.11, you just need to edit the file
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM.INI (with NOTEPAD editor for instance) and
add the following line in the [386Enh] section:
With Windows 95, 98, Millenium, NT or 2000, this line becomes DEVICE=VSHARE.VXD
|3. "When decompressing the downloaded files, the following message appears: <<Disk Violation>> ":|
Same cause as in Question 4. Same remedy.
|4. "I cannot decompress" or "the installation asks for a diskette...":|
1) Exit Windows and re-run it. This will remove all the temporary files, close other applications...
2) If the problem still exists, this means the file is corrupted and need to be downloaded again.
3) If you have got the .zip
file, don't use old DOS Unzip utilities for decompressing.
Use Winzip or Netzip
4) If you have got the .zip file, please decompress in a temporary directory, not in the final installation directory.
5) If you have downloaded .exe
file, read herebelow a message from InstallShield Corporation,
"The most common reason is that the target system's TEMP variable is set to a directory which:
- either is inaccessible (or unexistant)
- contains insufficient space for the setup files to be copied and decompressed.
Please check that your machine's TEMP directory:
- exists (otherwise: create the C:\TMP directory and put the line SET TEMP=C:\TMP in AUTOEXEC.BAT file.)
- is not read-only
- is not located on a unavailable drive.
If this repertory contains too many files, try
moving or deleting a number of them, and then rerun the
If they cannot be removed, you have to exit Windows and rerun it.
Also close all other running applications
including the applications running in the background, like
screen savers and
|5. "The program screens are too large for my display monitor - Some buttons are off screen.|
The resolution of your Display Monitor should be at least 800*600.
But this does not avoid your program to properly function, since all the command buttons can be pressed.
Anyway, you can move a window which is too big: clik on its header, maintain the left mouse button pressed and move your hand on the left: the hidden part will appear.
Here is the way to know what is your current resolution:
- Press the Start button of Window 95.
- In the list displayed, select Parameters
- In the window displayed, choose the icon Configuration Pannel.
- In the window displayed, choose the icon Display.
- In the screen displayed, select the rightmost tab ("onglet"), called Configuration.
==> In the new screen, look in the middle, on the right. What is written?
If it is 640x480, you have to choose 800x600 pixels, by pressing the bar.
|6. "May I install on another Drive than C: ?"|
However, if you notice any problem, please contact us.
|7. "Is LuQi compatible with both Windows 3.XX , Windows 95 and Windows 98?":|
With Windows 95, 98, Millenium, NT and 2000.
For Windows 3.xx, ask us a special version.
|8. "I have some ideas concerning the program":|
Please, explain them to us.
If we think they may be useful to the Practitioners Community,
we'll take them into account.